WELCOME

Welcome to my blog. Please feel free to roam around and learn a bit more about Portuguese History. To find your interests, please, have a look at the right side of the page, where you can find all the posts arrenged into labels, such as "Society", "Politics", etc. Enjoy!

Monday, May 6, 2013

Cintra Convention


As I said before, in a related post (I think the “From Oeiras to Queluz II”), I had wish to translate the Convention of Sintra, the one that ended the 1st French Invasion. I guess, someone saw the post and the promise of translation and decided to give a helping hand by giving me a link, as you can see below, to the text of the Convention published in the London Gazette.

So, a big thank you to Mr. Edgar Cavaco. He has a wonderfull blog about the French Invasions, where he transcripts several documents written during that time. Only in Portuguese, though.

http://asinvasoesfrancesas.blogspot.pt

No images today, just the link. The text is divided into 2 columns: the one on the left is the French Version, the one on the right, the English one.
Enjoy!

http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/16182/pages/1257

3 comments:

NAPOLEONIC-SPAIN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NAPOLEONIC-SPAIN said...

hello, hola

very very interestin blog

to my favorites

Sara Seydak said...

Hola!
Muchíssimas gracias "Napoleonic Spain".